Jueqel Musings

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Samsung r410 underscore character

I got the r410 a few days ago and it took me a couple days to figure out how to get the underscore character to type in. I was a little panicked when I couldn't find it. In fact, the phone appeared to be missing quite a few standard characters.

I called MetroPCS for support, but they ended up telling me that the underscore character didn't exist. This was unacceptable. I was ready to take the phone back. I called Samsung directly and they had trouble finding any specs on my phone. They couldn't even find my phone model. The guy on the phone helped me anyway. I stepped through the process of pulling up the Symbols using the menu button. What I failed to notice before was the symbol list has 3 pages. I pressed the "next" button, and on the last page was the underscore.

So, to get the underscore character on an r410 press the Left Soft Key and scroll down to switch (from "abc" or "123") to "5 Symbols". A listing of symbols will come up (12 of them). Next, press the Right Soft Key for "Next" to get the next page. Since the underscore is on the 3rd page you have hit "Next" twice or hit the "Prev" once from the first page to get to page three. Once on the page you want, you can press the number associated with the character you want. In my case it was a "4" to get the underscore.


I was told by Samsung that this is the only way to get an underscore character using a Samsung r410.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home